Friday, May 05, 2006

Why I Am a Huge Dork

It's no secret that I'm a huge dork. Yes, I like to pretend I have some wise insights into life. Really, though, I'm just a dorky dood. And, yes, I spelled "dude" wrong on purpose--to show my true nature. When I was in the fifth grade, Ms. Stevenson left the room for a few minutes. All the kids ran up to the blackboard to write messages. I wanted to be "cool" too, so I ran up and for whatever reason wrote "dood," thinking that word would make me seem in-the-know. Of course, someone pointed out immediately that it was spelled wrong--luckily, no one knew it was me who'd written it, so I was safe....Regardless, I was reminded today of why I think I may always be the court jester instead of the prince. I am posting below an email I sent to the WB....I forwarded a copy to my family, and Aaron wrote me back. His response is at the bottom. So while you stare above at this delicious photo of Scott Speedman (a.k.a. Ben from Felicity) just know that I really, really want to know people's answer to the pivotal question on the T-shirt. ****************************************************************************
Hello, everyone at the WB! I hope this email finds you well. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I was curious if anyone, anywhere, had any of those t-shirts lying around that say "Ben...Or Noel?" I watched "Felicity" religiously when it was on the air and quickly snapped up the box sets for all the seasons once they were released on DVD. I remember reading about these T-shirts (for promos, maybe) when the second season kicked into gear...after Felicity had to make a decision about whether to go with Ben or Noel for the summer. Basically, I thought it would be fantastic to wear one of these shirts, to have it in my collection. And think: free press for people to buy the DVDs when they ask me what my shirt means! So I thought I'd throw this out there and see if it was possible to have one of these shirts mailed to me--I'd even pay for it. I know that you are all merging with UPN, and I thought, Heck, maybe they're cleaning shop and need fans to give these shirts away to;) I'm a 6'2" male with a slender build (about 155 lbs.) and would love, love, love it if I could pose the ultimate question: Ben or Noel? (I say Ben, but I won't make Noel angry by mentioning this aloud.) Thanks so much, and have a fantastic rest of your day.

Best Regards,
Nathan Buck
************************************************************
Aaron's response:
I love that you're such a loser. I think it's worth a try.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, your response makes me laugh outloud. It's classic. I love it.

Nathan, it's one of the many many things I love about you too. ;) Keep on...

5.5.06  
Blogger Michael Faris said...

This is adorable.

5.5.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Nathan.

xoxo
Jess

8.5.06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home