Thursday, February 03, 2011

The 8

I was perusing Alie's blog (www.aliesyearoflivingsimpler.blogspot.com), and I thought I'd rip this from her post and plunk it here.

The Eight Worldly Concerns, according to Buddhism:

1. Attachment to getting and keeping material things.
2. Aversion to not getting material things or being separated from them.
3. Attachment to praise, hearing nice words, and feeling encouraged.
4. Aversion to getting blamed, ridiculed, and criticized.
5. Attachment to having a good reputation.
6. Aversion to having a bad reputation.
7. Attachment to sense pleasures in general.
8. Aversion to unpleasant experiences.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alie said...

You are very sweet for posting my blog link! I love you!

3.2.11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home