Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beautiful Moment

I'm still waiting for Chris to send me pics from our recent trip to Colorado (ahem!) so I can post them along with my blog entry, but until then, here's a recent email I sent to him. I use his nickname, "Gus," here -- FYI so there's no confusion!

Gus,

So I just got back from lunch in the graveyard after a good stopping point in my book. I stood up from the bench right as one of Lone Fir Cemetery’s workers came by to water some flowers, her son in tow. She leaned down to water something, and he dashed across a stretch of grass and slant of sunlight to join her. He was holding his teddy bear upside down, and the bear jiggled as the boy ran. I got emotional, just lost in the beauty of this moment. I moved a touch further – and maybe ten seconds had gone by – and then this falcon swoops up right in front of me on the path and lands on a tree branch. I watched it for a minute and then it flew down and landed on top of a tombstone for a while before heading up into a fir tree and out of sight.

Thought I would share.

Love,
Nathan

1 Comments:

Blogger Alie said...

That sounds just lovely Nathan.

22.9.11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home