Friday, January 09, 2015

Blog "Link"


My email this morning to Scream Factory:

Dear Awesome Scream Factory Maestros,

First of all, thank you for having those psychic, nerdy instincts on the titles fans want to see produced -- you have reached right into our hearts & minds. Pure nostalgic magic.

You may very well be all over these titles for upcoming releases -- and if not, shame on you!

1) Neil Jordan's The Company of Wolves -- Angela Lansbury's best role, yes? And I really want to see a crisp, remastered version of that wolf-man getting decapitated. Remember how his head sailed through the air and plunked itself right in that bowl of milk? Better for you than Wheaties.

2) Wes Craven's Deadly Friend -- A robotic Kristy Swanson kills the grumpy "Ma" from The Goonies by whipping a basketball right into her head, which then explodes. 'Nuff said. (I'll talk to my therapist and take my Excedrin, but it seems I have a thing for beheadings!)

3) Link -- the 1986 masterpiece starring Elisabeth Shue, a personal childhood icon who rocked my world in The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, and Cocktail. IMDB keeps Link's description short and sweet: "A zoology student must try to outsmart a murderous and super-intelligent orangutan." Plus, there's this weird sexual subtext, a la Cat People. You gave us Monkey Shines -- this flick should be next for your '80s killer primate line-up!


More to come later, surely. Oh, and I'm very excited about your Ghoulies release this spring....

Warmest Regards,
Nathan Buck

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasey Height said...

Ah, I love The Company of Wolves! Angela Carter is one of my favorite writers.

10.1.15  
Blogger drh said...

Nathan - i dig the horror movie vibe you often tune into on your site! I saw this advertised a while back: http://www.thealoneexperience.com/

and it kind of made me think of you. I'm far away from the western coast, so I don't think The Alone Experience is for me... also, the whole idea of walking alone through a haunted house designed around using my own demons against me seems a little too extreme (and real-life-horror-story-in-the-making).

thought you'd be interested, though...

17.1.15  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home