Saturday, November 11, 2006

Doogie Howser Inspirational Message Contest (and please see photo below)

First things first: Thanks to Lizzy for an amazing night last night. I enjoyed our conversation, and I'm glad Gizmo (in the form of my backpack) was able to join us. You were just the person I needed to see and talk to, and I'm glad we shared what we did.

Now....Yes, it's true, Doogie Howser (or, you know, Neil Patrick Harris) has come out of the closet! Wow. Look at his hair in the photo below! He sure has matured into a delicious man. I got me a Howser-crush.

I can't help but relate to you all how Jordan and Aaron ALWAYS would talk over Doogie typing his inspirational messages. My cheeseball part of my nature loved those sayings back in the seventh grade....the way that synthesizer music (Go Casio!) would play in the background, and Doogie would do the head tilt thing, and figure out JUST the right thing to write to sum up the 30 minute episode. I used to take those messages to heart and try to apply them to my life. But Jordan and Aaron, being the annoying younger siblings they were, would purposefully talk, or shout, or start humming just to piss me off! I got to re-live my Doogie days in Corvallis, when I purchased Season One on DVD. Wow. I didn't realize how cheese-a-riffic this show is! Seriously. I love it. Wanda was always my favorite character, and I do have to say--in all seriousness--that the plotlines with her losing her mother really got to me (get to me still) and grounded the show in a really powerful way.

So, yeah, congrats to NPH for coming out -- you rock, dude. Keep it real!

I have a mission for you all -- those I know and those who have stumbled on this site. I am going to hold a Doogie Howser Inspirational Message Contest. The person who writes me the cheesiest--but true to Doogie form--message will get a care package from me in the mail! I'm not kidding. Keep it to 3 sentences tops, and just post it in my "Comments." Once I've gathered them all over the next couple weeks I will post them front and center, then announce the winner. I will proceed to send a care package full of (cheesy) gifts for the annointed one!

I'll try to make one up here, as an example. Here you go:

"Hope comes to us in the most unexpected places. Sometimes we have to stumble through a memory to find our footing in the present moment. Hope lives in the moment -- but only if we walk steadily onward."

Got it? Okay, now start typing!!!

xoxo,
Nathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home