Wednesday, March 26, 2008

quotes of the day

Had a lovely weekend celebrating Mom's birthday. It was filled with yummy meals out, friendship, good conversations, shopping and bopping, some movie-watching, and my very own attempt at making (from scratch) butternut squash mac-n-cheese (which turned out quite good, if I do say so myself). Magic and good energy just crackled through the air.

Congratulations, Marieke, on your upcoming marriage. You and Andy are such dolls, and I can't wait to be a part of the celebration, camping, and connection.

Here are some quotes for you all to ponder:

"If I had the influence with the good fairy who is supposed to preside over
the christening of all children, I should ask that her gift to each child in
the world be a sense of wonder so indestructible that it would last
throughout life, an unfailing antidote against the boredom and
disenchantment of later years, sterile preoccupations with things that are
artificial, the alienation from the sources of our strength."

- Rachel Carson, *The Sense of Wonder*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Poetry is a rich, full-bodied whistle, cracked ice crunching in pails, the
night that numbs the leaf, the duel of two nightingales, the sweet pea
that has run wild, Creation's tears in shoulder blades." - Boris Pasternak

1 Comments:

Blogger Marieke said...

Thank You Nathan! Thank you for the marvelous quotes recently. I'll be in touch soon... getting my feet under me as always.
Love, M.

26.3.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home