Sunday, April 13, 2008

Red Dresses, etc.

Last night I went to the Red Dress Party here in PDX (reddresspdx.com) -- what a hoot! Sally, Allen, and I headed over to the warehouse on Friday afternoon to help set up. I was in charge of the smoke stacks for the "steamboat". It was great; my butch side came out; I got all dirty and covered in paint as I primed and painted those mo-fos to perfection. Fate would have it that, last night, Sally was taking my picture in front of the smoke stacks outside the front doors/red carpet, and right then they decided to turn on the fog machine. So, bam!, "smoke" coming out of those stacks I created.

The Red Dress Party is an event where everyone -- men and women alike -- MUST wear a red dress to get in. Proceeds go to local non-profits, charities, etc. and they always have a red theme. This year? The Red Sea. I loved the dangling starfish, fishnets, and --in one lady's case -- her painted-on dress. That's right; she pulled a Demi-Moore-on-Vanity-Fair and came naked save for that paint. It was fun to be a part of it from start to finish (and to know Our House is one of the recipients of the proceeds). I got a VIP ticket, and Sally and I chatted with so many great folks as we drank, ate, and bopped around through all the cool areas...the body painting area....the sea anenome cushions/mattresses....the port holes where you got your drinks...Storm Large and her band playing....the ships and lights and fog and dance stages and great music and awesome art all over the place....Just lovely.

Here I am:



Here I am looking mysterious behind peacock feathers:

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

This blog reminded me of the song "Pretty Dress" by Rosie Thomas.

Anyway take care.
Love you!
~Alice

18.4.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home