Friday, August 22, 2008

Glitter Spears

Hi everybody,

I recently had an intense experience with a friend. I wanted to share part of my email to this person; I thought you might get something out of it, for your own current adventures, struggles, and triumphs. I've taken out references to anyone specific.

Hugs,
N.
******************************
XXXX,

I had a dream a few nights ago that I thought I would share with you. You and I were sitting on my bed, and you were cross-legged. You'd had your baby, and you looked great -- just glowing with motherhood. We were talking about lots of "Life Things", and we were smiling and so confident with one another.

Being a parent in this world is such a lovely, credible, and often scary thing. Sometimes I picture being a mother, carrying around this growing and amazing life inside me, and how that must feel....knowing a SOUL is hanging out with you, and you are directly responsible for its well-being! That's a tough order, and one I know you'll pass with flying colors. We live in scary times, but we also live in beautiful times. And every soul we nurture with kindness, compassion, a liberal and open take on things....well....that's one more soul that will be a part of all the Good Energy that will get this Universe back on track to its main objective: Love.

Fear is horrifying, isn't it? Fear is the opposite of love. I've read up on various Eastern philosophies around this, how people think the opposite of love is hate, but how hate is actually the yin to love's yang. You can't have one without the other, because they grow/stir/emerge from the same echoing place inside us. Fear, however, is NASTY and wants to drag us down and create evil ghosts in our hearts.

I'm so excited to hear and feel your baby kick, to see XXXX's expression for the first time I see him after the birth -- that lovely open-eyed wonder -- and I'm so looking forward to sitting down with you after you, XXXX, and the baby are settled after the home birth, holding your hand, letting you take a deep breath and lean your head on my shoulder if you need to.

Lately I've been having conversations with people about how this is a year of transformation and deconstruction. That all our previous notions -- individually, and collectively, as the Human Race -- are being torn and reconfigured and reshaped, and it's only later in the year that the pieces will start to grow back together and make sense to us and leave us stronger and more warrior-like in the ways of peace and compassion. Have I told you my Glitter Spears visualization? There are so many out there who want to wield weapons, physical and emotional ones, and I chose to wield a Glitter Spear instead, which is my visualization of empathy, connection, forgiveness, and a bringing-together.

I'm so glad we had our talk yesterday, and were able to take a deep breath together. Sometimes those moments, while in the moment, can make us really uncomfortable: but the true discomfort comes from that festering blister, which grows and grows when things go misunderstood, untaken care of, not healed properly. I love you, my friend, and the Weetzie Bat tendencies in us both respect and appreciate one another so much! As FLB would say, you are one slinkster, slam-dunk chica!

Thanks for being you, XXXX. I can't wait to be Uncle Nathan and to spend some time chatting with your daughter or son, getting to know her or him.

Love,
Nathan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was waiting the whole time for a Britney reference...

-Aaron

23.8.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home