Tuesday, September 09, 2008

8-8-8, 9-9-9, and Eve(s)


I awoke this morning with a very strange feeling: I don't even know how to describe it. Tendrils of my dreams washed over me, little bits about so many people in my life, and there was this poetic melancholy on my skin, hopeful whimsy, shadowed ideals. As dreams do, the feeling(s) faded away over the course of the next few hours, and I can't help but be haunted (in mostly good ways, I think) by what my dreams were revealing. They were spiritual and lustful simultaneously, dark like chocolate is dark -- not the greatest for you, but filled with some aphrodisiac. Delicious.

(My words really don't capture this waking quality whatsoever. But they're all I've got for now!)

Later in the morning I glanced at the wolf calendar on my wall, and noticed that today is 9-9-8, exactly one year -- and thus the eve -- of 9-9-9. Nine is such a spiritual number, three trinities joined, and I can't help but wonder what the next year will hold for me. And of course I look back at this year (the infamous one of 8-8-8, when so much has been deconstructed, when so much has been learned), and now I'm moving past the arc of midway, my heart & soul throbbing with the beginnings of new lessons, greater strengths.

I'm cracking out of eggshells left and right. I'm scared, but the air feels fresh and reinvigorating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home