Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Egyptian Sphinxes & Southern Oracles


Tara, Mom, and I shared a fascinating conversation on ancient Egyptian culture. We brought up The Neverending Story, and how the Southern Oracle is reminiscent of the sphinxes. (You remember: Atreyu must pass through the two "sisters" without fear in his heart -- otherwise their lazer-beam eyes would zap and kill him.)

Then, in my search for a picture of the Southern Oracle, I came across this hilarious spoof on The Neverending Story and Falkor, the flying Luck Dragon. I can't stop smiling:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen the entire movie (GASP!); I'm just going by this photo, but they appear to be Assyrian inspired rather than Egpytian. ;) G (You can hate me now. I should stick to pulling rather than splitting hairs.)

30.9.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home