Tuesday, December 02, 2008

little paw blessing

Last night, for whatever reason, Ollie starts whining at my door. I'm thinking he needs to go out, so around midnight I lug myself out of bed and open the sliding glass door....to no avail. Turns out he wanted to sleep in bed with me, which he rarely does. Then Luna's little paws go titter-tatter on the hardwood floor, and she decides to join him (which she's never done). So there's Ollie, dead weight, hogging the bed, and Luna, curled into a handmuff-looking ball at my pillow. This morning, my alarm goes off and I think, "I'll just hang here for a couple extra minutes with my canine brother and sister...." I pat Luna's head, and -- per her usual routine -- she rolls onto her back, spreads her paws, and sticks out her chest in her "rub my belly" stance. (I always call her "Turkey Girl" when she does this, because, yep, she looks like a spread-eagled turkey....which must make her think, "Stupid human. Doesn't he know I'm a DOG?") Anyway, she stretches wide, upside down, and her little paw happens to go "plunk" against my forehead. And she keeps it there. Like she's blessing me, like I'm in a Catholic church on Ash Wednesday. Granted, I'm not Catholic, and it's Tuesday, but still!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home