Friday, May 22, 2009

Three pop culture items I'm excited about.

I'm cautiously optimistic about S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale, and more than willing to give it a shot (which I am tonight, as I picked it up at at the video store before work). Hey, I'm no remake or sequel snob, and this "companion" film looks like a real screwed up faerie tale & road trip saga, kind of Wizard of Oz on acid with time travel thrown in.

Christopher Pike's Last Vampire series (6 books total) is being released in two volumes, rechristened Thirst. This is a great way for you to dive into Pike's mythos about vampires, and to see Krishna (yes, that Krishna) square off against an evil vampire in a snake-charming contest involving flutes. Check out the first installment when it hits the shelves later this summer. There are some amazing spiritual philosophies woven throughout these suspenseful stories.

The 90210 "reboot"? You had me at...."Brenda's back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home