Monday, June 04, 2012

the perks of reading with your boyfriend



Gus and I are reading Stephen Chbosky's the perks of being a wallflower together, one of my favorite books of all time. This is maybe my fourth time through it? I've been wanting to share it with him for a while, and there's something both old-fashioned and fresh about cuddling up with your partner and taking turns reading chapters. I'm especially excited because the film -- directed by Chbosky himself -- will be released this September. Charlie, the protagonist of the book, was a freshman in high school the same year as me -- and we have the same birthday, Christmas Eve. This touching tale, written as letters to an anonymous recipient, follows Charlie during an emotional, intense first year of high school, and your heart won't be left the same after you finish the last page. Your heart will feel torn open, in a good way, as if there's all this extra room to see the world in new angles. Indeed, you'll feel infinite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home