Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fireflies


Though I now call Portland home, and would be honored to do so from here on out, there are certain things I miss about the Midwest: the smell of burning leaves in autumn, for instance, plus the extra vibrant and colored leaves still on branches. Such majesty.

However, second on the list -- and pretty neck-in-neck -- are fireflies in summer. I daydream about fireflies, I write about fireflies, I miss them. Watching them twinkle and shimmer, cupping them in my hands then setting them free. They are magical.

Seeing this made my day:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/beautiful-flight-paths-fireflies-180949432/

~N.

p.s. I love calling them both "fireflies" and "lightning bugs." I can't make up my mind which I like better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home