Thursday, March 06, 2014

My Mathematical Pop Culture Soul: Vol. 1

If my soul were composed of pop culture pieces strung together into a mathematical equation, it would look something like this. I'll post future installments -- this is just the first volume. You'll note I'm using just one example per artistic medium.

Shirley Jackson's We Have Always Lived in the Castle

Plus Tori Amos' Little Earthquakes

Multiplied by David Lynch's & Mark Frost's Twin Peaks

Divided by Sam Mendes' & Alan Ball's American Beauty

Subtracted from Gregory Crewdson's photograph, Ophelia

Equals Miki's The Thinker

2 Comments:

Blogger Kasey Height said...

Oh my. Shirley Jackson, Twin Peaks, Gegory Crewdson, Little Earthquakes. Glad to have discovered your internet space!

7.3.14  
Blogger Kasey Height said...

(Just in case you don't check back on my blog):

I'm very happy for Kenny and all of the opportunities his Halloween house has brought him! I think that the original Myers house was turned into a dentist office or something? At least his house gives other filmmakers and fans a chance to use a replica.

Oo, that screening must have been awesome! Especially talking with Piper Laurie, she's been in so many amazing things. "Catherine, you look terrible! Just terrible!"

10.3.14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home