Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Snippets (inspired by My Secret Pal's post)

Dreaming about Mom and Dad and Molly and me in a paddleboat in a canal. Dad is driving the paddleboat (it has a car's steering wheel) and Mom's hair is pinned up with a bobby pin. Mom and Dad tentatively chat, share stories, hold peace. Molly and I sit facing one another in the back, our legs entwined. There's a hole in the boat, and it fills with water, but we don't sink. I lean back, and rest my head on the water in the trail from the boat, and my hair streams out behind me, and people are watching from the shore.

Tara and I sit facing one another in Jeff's Place, a coffeeshop in Newport. I write and listen to my headphones; she reads about languages and buries her face in her books. The moment is just perfect.

Later that night, a group of us sit in the hot tub under the stars. There seem to be billions of constellations (billions more than usual, I mean), and within forty-five minutes I see four shooting stars (and maybe a fifth, in my peripheral vision, but that one could've been an illusion).

Julie and Aggy and I go for a walk, and I can't help but be absolutely charmed by Aggy's cuteness and innocence and kind spirit. Good girl.

Mom and I hug.

Ben and I hug.

I dream about Tori, and Theresa.

I really can't wait for Alanis to come out with another album.

The houses in my neighborhood, and Ben's neighborhood, always hold my attention with their very-cool architecture and unique personalities. Again, I am in awe of all the different Portland alleyways.

I miss Carly, and have been thinking about her a lot. Hug soon?

Am really liking my progress on my novel. L and K are holding my hands, and guiding me.

Went to the Chinese Gardens downtown with the participants and staff from work. Loved feeling, and smelling, the Mimosa tree. The leaves and blossoms.

Miss Karin. Want her trip to Pittsburgh to go safely.

Hoping Karla is well. Her baby is growing lovingly inside her.

Wishing Christina the best at her new job, and wishing her cat Raz all my best.

Looking forward to the Twin Peaks box set.

Loved Charlie's card and recent email.

Loved getting my letter from Alie.

Thinking about Anya, in the Ukraine, she of the Guardian Angel tribe.

Thinking about Russia, and the playground, and the coldness & heat that both Russia and Scotland represent to and for me. How these got captured when Mom asked me into her room to show me the photograph, the way the light hits my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home