Friday, November 02, 2007

Post-Halloween Post

Ooh, I just loved reading Marieke's and Mom's stories in my "Comments" section of my last post. Check them out.

Halloween was, simply, divine. I adored giving out candy to all the trick-or-treaters. I have two favorites: the pre-teen girl dressed as a gift/present and the boy dressed as a ninja. The girl wore a giant, wrapped box all around her (strung on her frame like overalls) with a flat hat covered in ribbons of tons of colors. Seriously, she should be trying out for The Wizard of Oz or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- she'd fit right in. The boy's comments on Ollie, the family dog, were what really got me. When I opened the door to give him candy, Ollie--like usual--tried to go out and jump up and greet the seven(ish)-year-old. I apologized, but the boy, in complete seriousness, said: "I relate. I had a dog who used to do the same thing all the time. I'm used to it." What seven-year-old says, "I relate"? Maybe he's related to Doogie Howser!

November has kicked in with some sunny skies and cold nights and sharp stars and a half moon. The air is crisp and cold -- I'm having a love-hate relationship with it.

This is the season for pajamas, hot cocoa, curling up with a book, and favorite movies....

Thinking of you all this autumn. Stay spectacular.

xoxo,
Nathan

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Faris said...

Kids who talk like adults always crack me up! Thanks for the story. :)

2.11.07  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nathan, with you, what season isn't "for pajamas, hot cocoa, curling up with a book, and favorite movies...?"

2.11.07  
Blogger Marianna said...

Thought of you on your favorite of holidays...I only managed to throw together a costume (The Night Sky--a black dress that I sewed sequined stars onto, creating constellations) at the last minute for a party.
Glad to hear the horror-fest was a good time. Maybe I'll brave it next year.
Love!

2.11.07  
Blogger Marieke said...

My favorite trick-or-treater ever was in Portland, Oregon a few years ago... This kid came to the door in white coveralls with hard-hat, tool belt, boots, etc, looking exactly like a miniature construction worker. When we asked him what he was, he said, "I'm a basement finisher!" Don't know why, but it's stuck with me ever since.

5.11.07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home