Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th!

Jason sends his regards:

As I've said in previous posts, I always feel bad for the number 13. Poor guy can't help where he fits into the grand scheme of things, you know? I figure it's like a high school cafeteria; I'll invite him -- that little misfit I love so much -- to sit at my table and eat lunch with me. Meagan and I are off to see the remake/reboot/reimagining tonight, and I've been on pins and needles (and machetes) because I'm looking forward to it so much. I've got my Camp Crystal Lake shirt on, my Iron Maiden shoes, and my skull and melting face rings. I'm all set.

I've had the most fascinating few weeks, professionally and personally. Been on a huge learning curve -- that started last year, actually -- and now many of the puzzle pieces are finally coming into place. Have had intense conversations with some folks, and some insights have been revealed that leave me humbled, empowered, and inside those beautiful gray spaces in-between. (Thank you Dawn, Glenn, and Jordan, just to name a few.)

Aaron and Jordan just got hired as extras on TV shows in NYC. Their first days have been over the past week, and they're audience members on the new season of the talk show "The New Newlyweds", with surprise guest host....Carnie Wilson. Now, I LOVE Carnie and Wendy and Chynna from Wilson Phillips; yep, I still listen to their first two albums and love them -- and not in an ironic or guilty pleasure kind of way, either. And yes, I do think they really stretched and deepened on that second album, Shadows and Light, which wasn't as well-received by both critics and the public. So there! The bros tells me that Carnie swears like a sailor, and is hilarious and very down-to-earth. Of course she is! I would expect nothing less!

We had a full moon this week, and the energy is just crackling all over the place. Strange times. Good times. Stranger times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home