Friday, March 06, 2009

The crackling, licking Darkness Demon.

Last night a weird cosmic vortex opened up in downtown PDX, and some weird Darkness Demon slithered out a crack, like a lightning bolt, and violently tasted me and used me as its host. Within an hour: keys locked in the car; fight with my brother in the North Park blocks on my phone; the rain zapping my phone and killing it; two groups of random strangers yelling homophobic slurs; a driver blowing a stop sign and nearly running me down, as well as another car; and the streetlights all up and down the Park Blocks zapping and flickering and fluttering, going on and off and crackling all around me for over 20 minutes.

Weird night. I was in a dark space, and thus I was a host -- Mr. Parasite decided to feed. It felt kind of like when they open the closet door in Poltergeist and that huge, scary skull-ghost roars and bellows and shoves his head out of the light.

It's hard to know what forces are at work in the Universe, what dimensions are aligned with ours, that rub up against ours, and -- with the right equation, like a math problem -- there's a split, a doorway, and something can get through to taste things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home