Tuesday, April 07, 2009

quote of the day

“I wanted to really investigate how we’re controlled by the threat of despair...I wanted to look at power -– how we think and how you can reclaim the right to think for yourself, to uncover what you believe in as a spiritual, sexual creature. You don’t need the approval of your family, or of their religion. You can think, ‘Wait a minute, I’m a spiritual being. Just because I like gold handcuffs doesn’t mean I’m not a spiritual being. These definitions are not for my mother to make about me.’ What I am exploring with this record is power, and giving it away with your thinking. How do we become controlled?”

--Tori Amos, while discussing her new album Abnormally Attracted to Sin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home