Friday, June 14, 2013

Newest Obsession


I love music. Love, love, love it.

I'm that guy in his car who plays his music way too loudly, and when you pass him you think, "I really wish that asshole would turn that down...."

I blast music into my headphones -- while I write, while I go on my power-walks, you name it. It fills up my head and heart, and pumps through my veins, and gets me in tune with my muse.

Finding a new obsession always makes me happy. You know what I mean -- when an artist (new or just new to you) grabs hold of you and won't let go and you start researching everything about them. And you get happier and happier with what you discover. You feel connected, as if you're born from the same tribe.

Now, for me, that artist is Icelandic composer Olafur Arnalds:

http://olafurarnalds.com/

Here's the link to his videos:

http://olafurarnalds.com/multimedia/

His music is: poetry; blooming flowers in the blood; magical sadness. His music -- especially when combined with the soulful, mournful voice of Arnor Dan -- is broken then healed hope.

Recommended for: anyone who loves the movie Where the Wild Things Are as much as I do....


1 Comments:

Blogger Leonard said...

Brilliantly uplifting music

14.6.13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home