Saturday, November 07, 2015

The Rage.


Friday, October 30th: Gus, Charlie, Terence, and I roamed the Falls City cemetery at about 10:30 at night. Rain pattered down -- a mere whisper of what was to come -- and the graveyard was divided in two, Christian burials & Native American burials. Rituals split by an invisible line in the grass, or air.

Saturday birthed storms. Clouds leashed torrential, lashing downpours in Twin Peaks. Halloween cracked open not with morning grace but with fierce, emotional spotlights. The roads flooded; Ronette's bridge was safe -- sturdy & epic -- but the roads around it got buried by rushing waters. Cracked-off tree branches, ripped away by violent winds, dove and danced down the rivers, outshone by giant sequoias crashing by. Their root systems took my breath away. The waterfalls at the Salish Lodge -- the infamous falls from Twin Peaks' Great Northern -- smashed against the rocks and devoured your attention. Harsh mists cut at our faces up at the lookout decks.

Gus surprised me with a Halloween costume for the weekend: a skulls-in-trees T-shirt matched with a Day of the Dead masquerade mask. Combined with my Brooklyn Industries skull hoodie courtesy of Aaron, I slinked around North Bend, Snoqualmie, & Falls City as a ghost-in-the-hood. We had a memorable stop at Smokey Joe's (a new Twin Peaks filming site featuring Sarah Palmer, Laura's mother); I'd already loved the name Smokey Joe's because it's one of my favorite Tori songs, off American Doll Posse. Dear Music: What would I do without you? You blessed me with three fantastic concerts in the couple of weeks leading up to Halloween, CHVRCHES, MS MR, and Florence + the Machine. Three nights of magic gifted to me when the veils are thin between Living & Dead. I've also become obsessed recently with Tove Lo, whose "Moments" off her album Queen of the Clouds is getting serious airplay on my iPod (and serious video viewing on youtube). Here, fall into some music with me. (Just click on the song title.) You're welcome.

Florence + the Machine ~ Delilah.

Tove Lo ~ Moments.

MS MR ~ Criminals.

After meeting David Lynch and Mark Frost in September, I didn't think things could get any better -- until Lizzy and Max -- aka MS MR -- came bouncing down to the ground floor and introduced themselves to the fans who stuck around after their show at the Crystal Ballroom. They were kind, funny, sexy, genuine, and genuinely interested in talking with us -- not just the other way around. They joked with Gus and me for a few minutes and, after I commented on Lizzy's JEM/Synergy-type earrings she playfully scoffed when I asked if she knew who JEM & the Holograms were. Drum roll, please: I got to pose with them for this cute pic. Max played the encore shirtless, and the young woman in front of Gus & me during the meet-n-greet asked him to take his shirt off again. I may have just asked him to keep it off for, like, a minute longer while I snuck a picture too. Shh, don't tell.

Finally, just click here if you'd like to see Charlie interviewed in North Bend for the local news about the filming of Twin Peaks' third season. They even used one of our photos for the clip, the one from when we met Frost & Lynch. Can you see me standing there behind Lynch and our new friend Kate? Doesn't it look like I'm smelling his hair? "Do you use Aveda, Mr. Lynch?" And let's face it: David Lynch has terrific hair. Charlie, thank you for some of my new favorite memories, and for a mystical Halloween in Twin Peaks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home