Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas

I've been keeping this blog for almost a year now, thanks to Tara. I love being able to put myself out there a little bit. It feels romantic, epic, and intimate all at the same time. Some of you stop by once in a while, and others check up on me daily. And lots of you stumble onto me just once. It's all good. I'm thankful for the time we spend together:)

It has been a near perfect Christmas. Perfect, really. Since Life is never perfect, we can just get super close. And my holidays this year reached that! I've had such a lovely time with Mom, Jordan, and Aaron. Our first Portland Christmas -- together! We ate too much, drank and smoked too much, and--as always--kicked ass way too much! Seriously, how lovely: the Buck crew (with our built-in sisters Jennifer and Karin) going to the Festival of Lights, Peacock Lane, and Dot's for dinner; Aaron and I feeding Missy and grabbing coffee/lunch at Creme; the "core four" taking Exit 17 off Highway 84 and getting tangled in the lush loveliness of the forests near Multnomah Falls; opening one thoughtful present after the next (I can't tell you how extremely well people know me; it shows in what they offered me this year for my birthday and for Christmas); turning 30 and loving it; having delicious talks with Ben and anticipating his arrival home tonight; loving that Karla, Jennifer, and Matt joined us yesterday and helped complete the holiday circle. Now I'm back at work, but I don't mind because I get to go home and see my brothers! I am already sad they are leaving in a few days, but I'm working on this: getting sad about goodbyes before it's time to say goodbye. And isn't it really just "See You Soon"?

Many blessings,
N

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless us merry gentlepersons. My Christmas gifts continue throughout the year with wonderful children, great friends and the knowledge that some special fource is always providing me with the most important thing that life can provide, people who appreciate me.

9.1.07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home