Monday, December 18, 2006

Peacock Lane

Ben and I had a lovely time yesterday seeing all the houses on Peacock Lane. It was amazing to walk up and down the street, in the bustle of children and parents and others, and just soak in the Christmas lights; the Santa Claus; the weird man dressed in a neon light suit (Ben and I thought he might be the Futuristic Santa Claus). What was even more amazing was the little stand, with the volunteers passing out tiny cups of hot chocolate and hot cider. I mean, the older gentleman and the younger gentlemen were so nice and patient with everyone, and they were taking 50 cent donations, which I thought was adorable! I had heard there was going to be hot chocolate available, and in my mind I was expecting some stand where there were size options to the cups (I thought: "I'll treat Ben and I to grandes!") but the ma-and-pa approach was way better and much more perfect. I mean, when you're doing something like strolling down a Winter Wonderland, do you really want a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha? Well, the answer's yes (!) but it would have taken something away from the small town feel of things. And yes: The Nathan House is on Peacock Lane! It has the cutest window on the top floor, and this little walkway with a cute door separating the home and garage, and they just had magnificent lights trailing all over the place. I want to move there.

Oh, I must mention that I had a most exquisite time at my 30th birthday party on Saturday. Thank you, Kevin, for opening your doors....And thank you all for your kindness, quirkiness, and friendship. I couldn't ask for better friends! I am so blessed! We had a crackling fire; yummy food; yummy beverages; and great conversations. Plus, I got to be all "aw shucks" when everyone sang to me. I blew out those candles in one fell swoop!

My dreams have been so fascinating lately. So uplifting, albeit in a strange & hallucinatory kind of way. But would I take them any way else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home