Friday, January 19, 2007

Andras Jones (Or, One of the Main Reasons to Fall in Love with A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master)



Hi everybody! So, back in the day when A.J. Beckert and I used to sneak into R-rated films, one of our highlights was crashing ANOES4: The Dream Master. I'd seen the previous three on VHS, and this was a BIG DEAL to see Freddy Krueger come back for more action on the big screen! This was right before puberty set in, and I didn't know I was gay at the time. When Andras Jones and Danny Hassel showed up as Rick and Danny, respectively, I thought, "Huh, these two guys seem really....interesting!" Little did I know that the latter fulfilled my have-a-crush-on-the-jocks-who-picked-on-me syndrome, and the former fulfilled my have-a-crush-on-the-culture-rebel-hottie syndrome. Of course, today--despite Danny Hassel's loveable butt in those tight jeans in both ANOES4&5--Rick/Andras Jones wins out every time! I mean, just look at him.

And I just found out he lives in Olympia, Washington (a place I love--and just a hop, skip, and a jump from Portland), is a part of an indie rock band, and hosts a live radio show every Tuesday! I have this urge to go to Olympia, to one of his shows or something, and totally have him sign my ANOES4 DVD! I mean, I'd come off as lame, but heck, it must be nice to still be honored all these years later, you know? I wouldn't be the first or the last, I'm sure. In any case, I think it's awesome that Mr. Jones seems to have a very leftist approach to life/music/art, which gives him total Street Cred in my book, and I think it would be great to treat him to a cup of coffee while he relives just how often he rehearsed his "Swish, Kill the Fish" scene with Lisa Wilcox, who played Alice, his sister, in the movie.

Andras -- You're such a cutie! And you seem smart and with it! Good luck to you.

Here's a link to check him out:
http://www.olywa.net/previous/

And if you're all feeling really ambitious, feel free to check out Toe Brights, a toe jewelry company started by Lisa Wilcox and Tuesday Knight (who played Kristin Parker in The Dream Master). Their jewelry looks amazing! Here you go:
http://www.toebrights.com/

Tuesday and Lisa, I ADORE you, as well! Whether it's ANOES4 or 2000 Malibu Road, you two get an A+ in my book. Shucks, I was SO upset that 2000 Malibu Road wasn't picked up for more episodes! That show rocked!

p.s. I must also mention that I was incredibly touched in The Dream Master during the scene where Alice and Rick watch a video of them and their friends, and the siblings are just sitting together on the couch, wondering what will happen next. I got so emotional! I totally cared for these characters and was sad when each one of them died. Parts 1, 3, and 4 of ANOES (and moments in the others too, esp. 7) really did a great job making this about characters, not just slashings. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home