Monday, February 26, 2007

Hi Everybody (Or, When Things Come Back to You)

Sarah Harmer has a line in her song "Go to Sleep" that says something to the effect of, "If you wait, and stay true to yourself, those things you miss will come back to you." I'm totally adding my own words and meaning to this line, but you get the picture. This past weekend, well, some things did come back! Memories and feelings and childhood shadows. While the weekend overall led me to feel smiley and goose bumpy, it came with that added price of nostalgia, melancholy, and understanding through suffering. I won't do any of it justice here in this entry, but I cried and laughed this weekend, and needed both. I felt in tune, and a part of that was painful, but most of it felt great. The pain and "greatness" held hands and got along, actually....Mom, Tara, Karin, and I went to see Bridge to Terabithia; I'd "forgotten" how much I love this story and how much it's affected me, my life, my writing....I had some friends over to watch the first season of Twin Peaks on Saturday, and I was flooded with its beauty/humor/mystery/magic, and I was grateful to share it with those who have seen it and those who haven't....Yesterday Mom and I took a lovely walk with Ollie, and had a great chat over coffee and delicious hot chocolate; we follwed this with a nice viewing of the Academy Awards. The Oscars, along with my birthday & Christmas, really take me a step back so I can view the last year of my life, "where I was at on this day a year ago," and take things in. I always end up feeling pretty good about things, about my Nathan Development.

Today I'm a touch sad, but also incredibly strong. Again, I don't think these feelings are isolated. I recently mentioned my Warrior Status in a post. Yep, the Kind Warrior is here. He's scared, but knows he's doing the right thing. Or, if there's no such thing as "right," maybe I'm just doing a good thing. A healthy thing. A tribal thing.

p.s. I now have a little snake in a basket--with a magical poem--to keep me safe, grounded, strong, resilient, peaceful, creative, and loving. A very special someone gave him to me, and I am blessed to have a new charm bracelet friend for my Life Arsenal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home