Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Ella

I sent a card to Esther yesterday, and Ella -- her new baby daughter -- was on my mind all day. Life is so interesting in its web-like tendencies, how we're all inter-connected. Strange to think I introduced Es to her husband, Rob, and they fell in love and have been together for many years and now have a baby together. Of course, they (smile!) did all the work, but in a New Age-y, philosophical way little cute Ella wouldn't be around to breathe and start her adventure on this earth if I hadn't hooked up those two Kool Kats. I don't mention that in an egocentric way, just a "hmm, how fascinating!" way. Who knows whom we touch through introductions, smiles on the streets at strangers, hugs at just the right moment. So many people, I feel, are responsible for me....I've built them rooms in my heart, and they drink margaritas deep down in there and ask me to please change the station to something other than Tori Amos, please.

Last night I took a walk at sunset, and I passed by this blue and pink chalk drawing that was part storybook and part hopscotch; the name "Ella" was written in blue cursive along one stretch of sidewalk square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home