Monday, March 12, 2007

Rerun (Or, the Opposite of That)

What a delightful weekend. I think the word "delight" captures my Friday-thru-Sunday state of mind. Mom, Ben, Karin, Julie, and I spent a great Friday night at the Horse Brass on SE Belmont. I tried: the Young's Double Chocolate Stout, the Hogs Back Stout, and the Black Cherry Stout. I highly recommend you also try all three. It was a night of gluttony and laughs and good conversation (and a little personal drama thrown in to give it that soapy, primetime feel).

Saturday was busy but fulfilling. Writing, community yoga, cleaning the house, catching up (I just accidentally wrote "capturing up," hmm) on Lost (frickin' love that show), reading, seeing Rosie Thomas with Mom and Karin....Rosie gave us huge hugs; Mom gave her a present, and we all signed a lovely card to her; we met Bethany, who just relocated here from Ohio; overall, a night filled with beautiful music and friendship and peace.

Sunday. I took Ollie for a walk and listened to Rosie's new album on my discman. Mom, Karin, and I went to Francis on NE Alberta for breakfast (wow, their French toast and pancakes may be little slices of hazelnut heaven). Then Mom and I drove around and went on a little stayin'-in-Portland road trip. We went through some open houses in the NW Vista/Montgomery Drive area....walked around Powells and had some coffee and pastry yumminess in the cafe....stopped by our neighbor's and looked at her antiques, then stopped by at our other neighbor's and looked at the car he's building in his garage (and I got to peek up inside the treehouse he made about sixteen years ago, and he told me once again I could go up anytime, and he told me the seat on the second level came from an old schoolbus)....Finally, Mom and I watched three episodes of American Gothic, interspersed with pizza, breadsticks, and ice cream, all of which are Life Necessities. I settled into sleep happily, thinking how B and I have been together 4 months (and 4 is my favorite number)....Mom and I have some new members of the family (whom we met and brought home from Rerun, one of the coolest lil' stores I've ever been in)....and most of all I just gave myself hugs and told myself Everything Will Be Okay.

p.s. I just re-read this post (re-ran this?) a few days after writing it (but before publishing) and I noticed that I subconsciously (?) forgot to mention something major! C contacted Jordan, Aaron, and me after several years! After talking it over amongst us "Core Four" (my bros and Mom and me, thanks, O.C., for the cool pop culture reference) I thought, what the heck, and I was honest. I just layed it all out there, in a respectful manner -- my questions, my concerns. He responded to just a touch of it. But it was something. My Kind Warrior status is happy I stayed true to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home