Thursday, February 23, 2006

Gray

This one will be a short but sweet entry. (And I'm giving a big shout-out to the High Priestess of Darkness. I love those winks.)....So, wow, I'm going gray. It's strange. I've had a few people comment on my hair the last few weeks. I mean, it's not the occasional gray hair here and there....My temples are starting to gray, as is the hair in back. Thing is--I kinda like it! I don't know if it's the fact I think it's "distinguished," or if it's just something different, but I don't mind it even 1%. Maybe I'm just becoming comfortable with myself, with aging. I'll be 30 this year, and I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe I'm buying into some kind of myth, but I think I'll be more relaxed, feel more chill about my place in life, and have more self-confidence in my 30s. So many people try to cover up the fact that they're aging. Heck, I sure want to stay in shape and look my best! But it's the details that define us. Gray hair. Wrinkles. An extra pound or ten. These things show people--and ourselves--that we've been places. Physical locations and emotional crevices of Experience. So I say, Fuck it, bring on the literal and metaphorical shades of gray. I'll embrace them with Sassy Style.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep embracing your Gray. It makes you look more mature. Who knows...maybe plant boy loves the gray (everywhere)...

23.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, while I can't identify with the grey hair myself, I certainly can with the "pound or ten." Unfortunately for me it's more along the lines of fifeteen and I'm not ready for it. How do you do it?!

I do agree, however, that grey hair is totally sexy - I'd be more than happy to trade all the blonde I've got for a head of grey (well...and my flat stomach back *wink*). Distinguished or not, mmm mmm mmm. Hott. It is an attractive quality and I've no doubt you'll wear it with style.

Embrace it. Welcome it. Want it. You'll be the apple of many's eye...

27.2.06  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home