Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bicycle for Two

I witnessed something yesterday that captures my state of soul right now:

I was driving down Alberta, and on the sidewalk was a boy--more like a young man, I'm guessing between 18ish and 22ish--and he was riding one of those cool-weird bicycles where the front tire is HUGE and the back tire is smaller, after the metal curves down to meet that lower seat. The boy carried a hippie vibe, with a beard, and he was wearing beads, and his clothes flowed over him in ease. He had long hair, and he was very focused on traveling on the sidewalk. On the back seat sat a young girl--ten years old, maybe--and she was sitting sideways, facing the street. Was she his sister? She wore a pink puffy jacket that had a hood, and I think the hood was pulled up around her cute face. I just watched them for a few seconds as I drove by. They both seemed happy and at peace. They also carried a sense of adventure, like they were on a mission, and mixed up in their expressions--in both their focused gazes--was a history of something I couldn't place a finger on. I smiled to myself and drove on.

That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home